Can you obtain my Birth Certificate or Social Security Card for me?

We do not offer either of these services nor can we as it may be seen as a conflict of interest. This is something that either you or your power of attorney need to accomplish.

We can offer suggestions though.
You do not need the Social Security Card itself, it is unnecessary.

To obtain the proper birth certificate the easiest way to do so is to do a Google search for Vital Statistics “State Born In”. So if you were born in Tennessee you would lookup “Vital Statistics Tennessee”.

Make sure to obtain the Birth Certificate at the State level not the City, County or Capital certificate as they generally do not have the State File No. or Birth No. or Certificate No. necessary for filing.

Another suggestion we would offer is to use the online or mail order form with a physical address that is not that of an institution or business. Such as a home address of yourself or that of your Power of Attorney. If you attempt to have your Power of Attorney go in person on your behalf if they are not a direct family member this in most cases will not work and will place the issuing authority on alert. So if you yourself are not able to go in person then the second best option is the online or mail order form.

Posted in


  1. Suzanna Johnson on October 6, 2018 at 11:01 am

    How do I know if I received the right birth certificate for what I need

    • Sovereign Filings on October 12, 2018 at 3:35 am

      It will have a State File Number. If your certificate does not it probably came from the city, county, or capital. Make sure you obtain a copy from Vital Statistics for the state.

  2. Helena on May 19, 2019 at 6:51 am

    I know for a fact that the social security card and the Permanent Resident Card (the ‘Green Card’) can be the subject of CAFV (Conditional Acceptance For Value). Therefore, in the case of Legal Residents, those documents might replace the American Birth Certificates for the purposes of the Charge Back account in the R. Process? Am I right or wrong? Thanks for your assistance and thorough explanations.’

    • Sovereign Filings on August 20, 2019 at 8:07 pm

      A naturalization could be used in place of the birth certificate.

  3. Cody on March 11, 2021 at 1:47 am

    is it a certified copy or a long Copy for the birth certificate

    • Sovereign Filing Solutions on March 15, 2021 at 4:07 am

      This is dependent on state. What we are looking for specifically is a copy issued from vital statistics at the state level. NOT the City, County, or Capital Certificate as it does not have the state filing number or the Birth Number that is necessary for filing.

Leave a Comment