Can I change my name through the SPC process?

The short answer to this is yes, but in use there are some qualifications that you should be aware of. If you would like your secured party creditor name for private future use and better separation between debtor and secured party it can be done by using a different name on the “Necessary Information for Filing” form. Many as they are born again undergoing a “spiritual rebirth” choose to use a new name as has commonly been done throughout history. In many ways this is a religious right. The DEBTORS name on the other hand CANNOT be changed as it will always be the name on the birth certificate that was assigned at birth. There are some issues that arise in name changes such as identification and ability to use “Government ID” under the new name. We would strongly suggest not doing so as it is reentrance into contract (invisible/implied in nature) to do so. On the other hand, we do offer identifications that reference the filing that is put in place that may be of great use to you. As well through common use it will not be an issue as you adjust to the change. The only other issue, one we see as a benefit, is that there is not a SSN associated with the name thus it is difficult to open bank accounts. This is still accomplishable if necessary with proper knowledge and understanding. A great place to start is the book Operating Sovereign.

Posted in


  1. T.Haskett on July 5, 2019 at 4:21 am

    I don’t have a comment I have a question I would like to know would I endorse the bc or do you

    • Sovereign Filings on August 20, 2019 at 8:05 pm

      Please reference book 1 in the Redemption Manual Series, Free From Servitude page 417.

Leave a Comment